Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Serves: 4
4 bone-in pork loin chops
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped tarragon leaves
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1½ cups sliced shallots
½ cup sliced dill gherkins
1½ tablespoons whole-grain mustard
¾ cup low-sodium chicken broth
3 tablespoons frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
1. Oil the pork chops on both sides, then equally sprinkle 1½ tablespoons of tarragon, 1 teaspoon of salt, and ¾ teaspoon of pepper over the meat. Allow the chops to rest at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes.
2. Set up the Traeger grill for direct cooking at 350 degrees F/ 175 degrees C.
3. The chops should be grilled for 10 minutes with the hood closed, flipping them once halfway through.
4. Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
5. Add the chopped shallots and sauté for 6 to 7 minutes, or until they are soft and a deep golden color. Add the Gherkins, mustard, broth, and apple juice concentrate, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until the liquid is reduced and the mixture slightly thickness, then bring to a boil.
6. Add the cream, bring the prepared mixture back to gentle boil, and cook for 3 minutes. Add the final 1 ½ teaspoons of tarragon, ¼ teaspoon of salt, and ¼ teaspoon of pepper to season. Add the final tablespoon of butter and combine. Turn off the heat and cover the area to stay warm.
7. The chops should be taken from the grill and let to rest for 5 minutes to let the liquids cling together. After adding the liquids, mix the sauce to incorporate them. 8. Serve the sauce and the chops warm.
Per Serving: Calories 346; Total fat 18.8g; Sodium 137mg; Total Carbs 13.4g; Fiber 8.5g; Sugars 1g; Protein 36.3g