Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 3 hours | Serves: 8
1 (28-ounce) jar or 2 (15 ounces) cans sauerkraut
3 Granny Smith apples, cored and chopped
¾ cup packed light brown sugar
3 tablespoons Greek seasoning
2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
olive oil, for rubbing
1 (2- to 2½-pound) pork loin roast
1. Fill your Traeger Smoker with wood pellets and follow the manufacturer’s specific start-up procedure. Preheat the grill at 250 degrees F/ 120 degrees C with the hood closed.
2. Mix the sauerkraut, chopped apples, and brown sugar in a bowl.
3. Spread the sauerkraut-apple mixture in the bottom of a suitable baking dish.
4. Combine the Greek seasoning and dried basil spice rub in another bowl.
5. Place the pig roast on the baking dish fat-side up on top of the sauerkraut after oiling it and applying the spice rub.
6. Close the grill lid after transferring the baking dish to the grill.
7. Roast the pork for 3 hours, or until the thickest section of the flesh reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F/ 70 degrees C.
8. Before slicing, take the pig roast out of the oven dish and let it rest for five minutes.
9. Sliced pork should be placed on top of the sauerkraut apple combination on each plate.
Per serving: Calories 312; Total fat 25g; Sodium 847mg; Total Carbs 3.1g; Fiber 0.3g; Sugars 0g; Protein 19.3g