Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Serves: 6
2 balls premade pizza dough
Olive oil , to cook
1 bell pepper, cut into ¼-inch strips
½ small yellow onion, sliced
8 ounces mild or spicy Italian sausage
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
¼ cup sliced black olives
2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
1 tablespoon chopped thyme leaves
2 teaspoons chopped rosemary leaves
1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. To make the dough easier to roll out, take the dough balls out of the refrigerator, if required, about an hour before grilling.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; add the bell pepper and onion, and sauté for 3 minutes until they are softened but not browned. Transfer the onion and bell pepper to a bowl, and set aside.
3. After cutting the sausage into medium-sized pieces, add it to the set skillet. About 3 minutes of cooking time over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally and breaking up the sausage into smaller pieces. After turning off the heat, allow the set skillet with the sausage to cool.
4. Prepare the Traeger grill for direct cooking over 350 degrees F/ 175 degrees C, and preheat a pizza stone for at least 15 minutes by following manufacturer’s instructions..
5. Roll out the premade dough into circles that are about 12 inches across and ⅓ inch thick on a dusted work surface. Set aside the first round while rolling out the second.
6. Transfer the first round of pizza dough onto a pizza stone (or a rimless baking sheet) coated with flour. Spread ½ cup of the sauce over the dough.
7. Add half of the sausage, half of the onion mixture, half of the parsley, half of the olives, thyme, and rosemary on top. Finish by adding half of the cheese on top of everything.
8. Slide your first pizza onto the preheated pizza stone and cook over direct medium heat, with the hood closed until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted, for about 11 minutes. Using a pizza peel or a suitable spatula, remove the pizza from the pizza stone and let rest for a few minutes.
9. Cut the pizza into wedges and serve warm.
Per Serving: Calories 227; Total fat 8.8g; Sodium 302mg; Total Carbs 8.9g; Fiber 2.1g; Sugars 3.3g; Protein 28.5g