Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 2 hours 30 minutes | Serves: 4
¼ cup yellow mustard
2 (1-pound) pork tenderloins
¼ cup Our House Dry Rub
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
1½ pounds bacon
1. Slather the mustard on the pork tenderloins, then sprinkle generously with the dry rub to coat the meat.
2. Fill your Traeger Smoker with wood pellets and follow the manufacturer’s specific start-up procedure. Preheat the grill at 225 degrees F/ 105 degrees C with the hood closed.
3. Set the tenderloins directly on the grill, close the lid, and smoke for 2 hours.
4. After taking the pork off the grill, raise the heat to 375 degrees F/ 190 degrees C.
5. Combine the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, melted butter, garlic, and jalapenos in a bowl.
6. Make a deep cut from top to bottom, end to end, across the center of each tenderloin to create a cavity.
7. In the cavity of one tenderloin, distribute half of the cream cheese mixture. Do the same with the second piece of meat and the remaining mixture.
8. Wrap one tenderloin firmly in half the bacon. Do the same with the other piece of beef and the leftover bacon.
9. Place the tenderloins that have been wrapped in bacon on the grill, cover it, and smoke them for 30 minutes.
10. Ten minutes of resting time is required before cutting and serving the tenderloins.
Per serving: Calories 470; Total fat 41.2g; Sodium 940mg; Total Carbs 6.1g; Fiber 0.9g; Sugars 1.7g; Protein 22.2g