Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 50 minutes | Serves: 4
4 (1-inch-thick) pork chops
½ cup pickled jalapeño juice or pickle juice
¼ cup chopped pickled (jarred) jalapeño pepper slices
¼ cup chopped roasted red peppers
¼ cup canned chopped tomatoes, well-drained
¼ cup chopped scallions
2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
1. Pour the jalapeño juice into a container that has a lid.
2. Add the pork chops, cover, and marinate in the
refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight, supplementing with or substituting pickle juice as desired.
3. Mix the chopped pickled jalapeños, roasted red peppers, tomatoes, scallions, and poultry seasoning in a bowl to make a relish. Set aside.
4. Remove the pork chops from the prepared marinade and shake off any excess. Discard the prepared marinade. Season the chops with black pepper and salt.
5. Fill your Traeger Smoker with wood pellets and follow the manufacturer’s specific start-up procedure. Preheat the grill at 325 degrees F/ 160 degrees C with the hood closed.
6. Arrange the pork chops directly on the grill, close the lid, and smoke for 45 to 50 minutes until they have an internal temperature of 160 degrees F/ 70 degrees C.
7. Divide the chops among plates and top with the pickled pepper relish. Enjoy
Per serving: Calories 353; Total fat 21.8g; Sodium 665mg; Total Carbs 1g; Fiber 0.1g; Sugars 0g; Protein 36.2g