Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 13 minutes | Serves: 4
½ pineapple, chopped
1 medium white onion, chopped
¼ cup tequila
2 tablespoons distilled white or cider vinegar
1 canned chipotle chili pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano, preferably Mexican
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
2¼ pounds boneless country-style ribs or boneless blade pork chops, about 1 inch thick
½ pineapple, cut crosswise into ½-inch slices, cored
½ medium white onion, cut crosswise into ¼-inch slices
⅓ cup chopped cilantro leaves
1 jalapeño chili pepper, seeded and minced
12 corn or flour tortillas (6 inches)
2 limes, cut into wedges
1. Puree the prepared marinade ingredients in the food processor until smooth.
2. Place the pork chops in a resealable plastic bag and pour in the prepared marinade.
3. Turn the bag to distribute the prepared marinade, place the bag in a bowl, and let it refrigerate for 1 hour. 4. Prepare the Traeger grill for direct cooking over 350 degrees F/ 175 degrees C.
5. Grill the pineapple and onion slices for 8 minutes with the hood closed until grill marks appear, flipping once cooked halfway through. Remove them from the hot grill and cut into small dice.
6. Mix all the salsa ingredients. Set aside.
7. Remove the chops from the bag, allowing some of the prepared marinade to cling to the meat. Discard the remaining marinade. Season the chops with salt.
8. Grill the prepared chops for 12 minutes with the hood closed until the meat is still slightly pink in the center, turning once. Remove from the hot grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
9. Heat the tortillas over direct heat for 1 minute and slice. 10. ½Fill each tortilla with pork and salsa, and serve with the lime wedges.
Per Serving: Calories 326; Total fat 12g; Sodium 779mg; Total Carbs 8.3g; Fiber 2.9g; Sugars 1.3g; Protein 46.9g