Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Serves: 4
1½ tablespoons unsalted butter
¾ cup chopped shallots
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
2¼ cups low-sodium beef broth
1 cup heavy whipping cream
¼ cup maple syrup
3 tablespoons country-style Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon salt
1 boneless pork loin roast, 3 ½ pounds
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1½ teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
¾ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat; add the shallots and cook for 5 to 6 minutes until just softened; add the vinegar and cook for 1 to 2 minutes to get it to evaporate.
2. Increase the heat to high, then pour in the broth and cream, and bring to a boil. With occasional stirring, lower the heat to medium and gently simmer the prepared mixture for 20 to 30 minutes, or until it has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon and has been reduced to 1 ¾ cups. After adding the syrup, boil the prepared mixture for 3 minutes; add the salt and mustard after turning off the heat. Set aside or allow to cool, cover, and refrigerate for 3 hours
3. Mix all the rub ingredients . Oil the roast with a rub before evenly applying the spice rub. Before grilling, let the roast sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
4. Prepare the Traeger grill for direct and indirect cooking over high heat (450 degrees F/ 230 degrees C to 550 degrees F/ 290 degrees C).
5. For about 10 minutes, turn the roast occasionally as it is seared over direct high heat with the hood closed (watch for flare-ups, especially when searing the fatty side). Move the roast to indirect high heat, cover the hood and cook it for 20 to 30 minutes with fat-side up, , or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the roast reads 140 to 145 degrees F/ 60 degrees C.
6. Place it on a chopping board, loosely tent with foil, and let it rest for 15 minutes.
7. Add the parsley and slowly reheat the sauce over low heat. Slice the roast diagonally and serve it hot with the sauce.
Per Serving: Calories 412; Total fat 23.6g; Sodium 1495mg; Total Carbs 4.8g; Fiber 1.3g; Sugars 1.7g; Protein