Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 1 hr. 30 minutes | Serves: 4
½ cup all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons poultry seasoning
4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
1 pound ground hot sausage
1 egg, beaten
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 cup mayonnaise
¼ cup Dijon mustard
1. Mix the flour and 2 teaspoons of poultry seasoning in a bowl.
2. Dip the hard-boiled eggs in water, then roll them around in the flour mixture.
3. Divide the sausage into four equal parts and roll it into balls.
4. Flatten the balls and shape them around the hard-boiled eggs until completely covered.
5. Dip each sausage-covered egg in the beaten egg, then dredge in the panko. Transfer to a plate, loosely cover the plate with plastic sheet and l refrigerate them for 2 hours.
6. In a suitable bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, and the remaining 2 teaspoons of poultry seasoning to create a dipping sauce. Set aside.
7. Fill your Traeger Smoker with wood pellets and follow the manufacturer’s specific start-up procedure. Preheat the grill at 180 degrees F/ 80 degrees C or on Smoke mode with the hood closed.
8. Put the chilled eggs directly on the grill, close the lid, and smoke them for 1 hour. Remove from the hot grill.
9. Increase the cooking temperature to 375 degrees F/ 190 degrees C and return the eggs to the grill. Close the hood and smoke them for 30 more minutes.
10. Let the eggs rest for 5 minutes after smoking, then slice
them and serve with the dipping sauce you like.
Per Serving: Calories 282; Total fat 15.4g; Sodium 646mg; Total Carbs 16.4g; Fiber 7g; Sugars 6.5g; Protein 22.5g