Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 11 minutes | Serves: 2
½ English cucumber, about 6 ounces, sliced
1 red onion, about 4 ounces, cut in half vertically, sliced
1 medium carrot, peeled and grated using the holes of a box grater
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
3 teaspoons salt
¾ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
¼ cup white wine vinegar
¼ cup olive oil
2 pork tenderloins
1 teaspoon black pepper
¾ cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
1 loaf ciabatta, about 1 pound, cut into 6 equal pieces, each piece halved horizontally
½ cup chopped cilantro leaves
½ cup chopped mint leaves
1. Mix the vegetables with the sugar, 1 teaspoon of the salt, the red pepper flakes, vinegar, and olive oil. Set aside.
2. Cut off the thin, tapered ends from each tenderloin and reserve for another use. Cut each tenderloin crosswise into three equal pieces. Set the pieces of pork, cut side up, on a work surface and, using your hand, pound each piece until it is an even ½-inch thick. Rub the pork pieces with vegetable oil and season them evenly with the remaining 2 teaspoons salt and ½ teaspoon of the pepper.
3. Mix the mayonnaise and the lemon zest.
4. Prepare the Traeger grill for direct cooking over high heat (450 degrees F/ 230 degrees C to 550 degrees F/ 290 degrees C).
5. Grill the prepared pork for 5 to 6 minutes with the hood closed until barely pink in the center, flipping once cooked halfway through. Toast the ciabatta over direct heat. Remove the pork and the ciabatta from the grill.
6. Drain the vegetables and discard the liquid. Build the sandwiches with lemon mayo, pork, pickled vegetables, cilantro, and mint.
7. Serve immediately.
Per Serving: Calories 612; Total fat 38.2g; Sodium 76mg; Total Carbs 39.1g; Fiber 5.8g; Sugars 1.6g; Protein 30.6g